sexta-feira, 1 de abril de 2016

Everything set to go! Learning cocos creator and designing first iterations of our characters!

This week we finally sealed the deal with miniclip, luckilly cocos creator is still in the game and as so I've been focusing on watching a few more tutorials to learn more in-depth about this tool, so I can finally start randomly generating the maps, enemy positions and special tiles!
I also started designing the first iterations of our hero and basic enemies.

I started off with trying a tool called Aseprite( http://www.aseprite.org/ ), which is an excelent tool for pixel art, in which I started drawing our hero, but left him incomplete:



I was more than satisfied with the tool, but it ended up being a little too detailed for the current state of our project, maybe I'll be back to it in the future. Instead I sticked to a more oldschool pixel tool called Piskel (http://www.piskelapp.com/) which is a browser tool that allows you to draw lower resolution pixel art and ended up being more satisfying for what we have now:

Hero

Enemy Goblin


Enemy Archer



Enemy Mage



Also, adding to this week's work, we also did some usability tests with a boardgame version of our, soon to be, mobile game in which people found the game to be interesting and were actually looking for further prototypes to come.

Hope you enjoyed looking through the current progress of our game!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário